Stakeholder and Indigenous Engagement
SemCAMS values the communities in which we are privileged to be part of and seek to engage in an open, transparent and responsive manner.
It is our priority to build and maintain strong relationships with neighbouring communities. We do this through:
- Providing project information and updates in a timely manner
- Listening and collaborating with communities
- Maintaining open and honest communication and dialogue
- Respecting cultural values and differences
We recognize that building respectful and trusting relationships with local indigenous communities is the foundation for successful outcomes in areas such as economic development, employment and environmental stewardship.
As part of our corporate values and principles, SemCAMS believes in supporting and contributing positively to the communities where we work and live. We believe in investing in non-profit and charitable organizations that provide support and assistance to make our communities a better place for everyone.
In order for SemCAMS to effectively meet the needs of the communities in which we operate, our community investment funds are reserved for the following focus areas: health, education, wellness.
All requests will be reviewed and assessed for funding. In order for an organization to be eligible for community investment funding, they must meet the following criteria:
- The organization must be located in and serving a SemCAMS operating area
- The organization provides long-term sustainable, positive results for the greatest number of people possible
- The project or organization fits within our focus areas
- Services or activities are provided without regard to race, religion, creed, sex or sexual orientation
- Organization should be a registered charity which is eligible to use official tax receipts for donations, or an established not-for-profit community organization
For an application please download, complete and return to the following form to SemCAMS. All requests will be responded to within 90 days. Form Download